miercuri, 12 septembrie 2007

SUBIECTE PENTRU TEZA DE ENGLEZA LA CLS. a IX a

I. Use the verbs in brackets into the most suitable verb form:
1. When I (meet) ……..her, she (laugh) ………..heartily at a joke her friend (tell)………..her.
2. Ah, here you are! I (look) ……….for you everywhere.
3. By the end of next week we (do)………the summer cleaning and we (be) ……..able to leave for France.
4. I (not see) ………..Mary since she (get) …….married.
5. It (look)……..as if the gas (burn) ………all night long. Look how hot it (be) ……….in here.
6. He always (ask) ………..me silly questions!
7. I (buy) …….a new car last month, but I (not sell)……….my old car yet, so at the moment I (have) ……….two cars.
II. Rewrite the following sentences so that the meaning stays the same:
1. On arrival, remember to pick up your luggage.
As soon ………………………………………..
2. During our meal we discussed what to do at the weekend.
While…………………………………..
3. This car was cleaned a week ago.
This car hasn’t ……………………………..
4. He has been working on this novel for a year.
A year ago…………………………
5. I had just locked the room when I heard a loud noise.
No sooner……………………………
III. Choose the word or phrase which best completes each sentence:
1. By the end of the 20th century, the computer ………..a necessity in every home.
A. becomes B. becoming C. has become D. will have become
2. No sooner had she got her salary………she spent it.
A. when B. that C. than D. then
3. When we ……,the other guests were having a cocktail.
A. had arrived B. have been arriving C. arrived D. have arrived
4. She will buy a new flat when she ………. Enough money.
A. will have B. has C. has got D. has had
5. Night …… when Julien spotted a strange glow in the sky.
A. has fallen B. fell C. was fallen D. had fallen
6. I don’t know where …………..
A. are the money B. is the money C. the money are D. the money is
7. When the storm broke we …….. for about three hours.
A. had been walking B. walked C. would be walking D. were walking
8. Nobody has ever thought he is a liar, …………?
A. hasn’t it B. haven’t they C. has it D. have they
9. I don’t know where……………
A. is the kitchen B. the kitchen be C. the kitchen is D. the kitchen is being
10. Martin ……….tennis when I ask him to help me with the housework.
A. always plays B. has always played C. is always playing D. is playing always

IV. Write a story of about 300 words using the frame – story technique and including the paragraph below. You may place it wherever you like in the story but do not include it in the total number of words.

[…] The man opposite me in the train was pretending to read a newspaper. Every time I looked up, I found that he was looking at me over the top of his paper. I pretended not to notice, but the man’s strange expression made me feel nervous. […]

Niciun comentariu:

Top  IPN  Romania Publicatii Mini-Top10 Promovare Gratuita Revista presei - Roportal Director One Director Web General Retete Culinare